Thursday, August 7, 2008

Viva la Ecuador

I was lucky enough to go to Ecuador from July 1st-July 10th with my sis and sadly I didn't blog about it.  Here are links to my photo albums on Facebook so you can check out my photos:



A big thanks to Christine and Cristian for being fabulous hosts and tour guides.  Some highlights from the trip include:
1.  Partying in the streets of Quito after Ecuador won a huge soccer game against Brazil.
2.  Singing karaoke in a karaoke bar.
3.  Experiencing the jungle and realizing I can actually rough it way more than I thought I could.
4.  Seeing animals in their natural habitat that I've only previously seen in zoos.  Some include: caimans, anacondas, boa constrictors, spider monkeys, fresh-water dolphins, stick bugs, leaf frogs, some other type of monkey, blue butterflies, toucans, etc.  
5.  Eating some ants in the jungle that tasted like lemons.  I know, I know, I momentarily forgot my vegetarian ways.  But, when in Rome...
6.  Riding the gondola to the top of a mountain in Quito.



Digg!

No comments: