Saturday, August 23, 2008

I know more information.

This whole South Korean teaching process has kind of been shrouded in mystery for me. Normally I'm a pretty laid back person, but when accepting a new job and traveling to a new country, I like to know what is happening.  For awhile I didn't know if I would get my visa in time, then I didn't have my flight booked until Wednesday, and up until today I wasn't exactly sure what age I would be teaching.  I've heard that South Korea is much more laid back about time frames, people are often late to meetings, contracts are just a jumping off point, etc., but it's nice to now have a bit more information about my actual teaching assignment.

I just learned I will be teaching at a newer all boys tenth grade high school.  I am the first native English-speaking teacher they've had at the school.  I'm glad to be working with high school students because that's what I've done the last three years.  The more I know, the more excited I get.



Digg!

2 comments:

gracerlacer said...

Oh my god, I'm in the same boat. I'm leaving for the consulate tomorrow in Toronto and then they want me to leave for Korea the next day! WTF?

Well, at least I'm not alone in this confusing process. And emotional one.

I'm Grace by the way. I read your blog just recently and I will add it to my favs if you don't mind.

Anna Rickert said...

Hi Grace, I don't mind at all if you add my blog to your favorites, I'll do the same with yours. Good luck getting everything figured out and hope you have safe travels!