Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hardcore

At tae kwon do today I found out that I have to break a board at the exhibition on Friday.  Have we practiced this?  No.  Am I nervous?  Very.  I was chosen to break the board with an axe kick.  For those who don't know, the axe kick is probably the most ridiculous kick ever.  Basically you lift your leg straight up as high as it will go without bending it.  Supposedly I will break the board with the ball of my foot.  Most likely I will just injure my foot.  Needless to say, my week will now be devoted to axe kicking.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon,

Sounds awful. Why were you choosen? Short straw? We don't want you to break your foot? Is this an honor? Dad says pick a board with a crack in the middle. Love, Mom

Luciana Silva said...

Hi, I'm also expat, but living in Sweden. I have a friend living in Seoul, and I think that kind of experience is wonderful, language, culture.... everything new. Good Luck there!

Anna Rickert said...

Mom--Everyone has to break a board. Supposedly it's not that difficult. We shall see.

Luciana--Thanks for checking out my blog! Best wishes to you in Sweden.