I was able to break the board on my first try and it did not hurt at all. The boards are incredibly flimsy and fairly easy to break, but I will continue to brag about my feat. A good portion of the ceremony was devoted to handing out door prizes. If I haven't mentioned it yet, I will say it now, Koreans love giving gifts. They are of the philosophy that "it's the thought that counts". Case in point: I won a door prize and this was my prize:
Yes, that would be a year's supply of toothpaste. Lucky me! It even comes in a handy carrying case. But the best part of the toothpaste, and really, what you should expect out of any toothpaste is this:
I am really not a fan of math and I expect nothing less from my toothpaste as well. I will be enjoying this toothpaste for the next year. And since my toothpaste feels so strongly about it, we will not be doing any math together. I like my toothpaste to be strong in its convictions.
The rest of the weekend was quite fun. After the tae kwon do ceremony, I went to a bar to watch some of our friends who have joined a band play their set. There was lots of dancing and singing.
On Saturday, we celebrated my good friend Ryan's birthday. A few of us went out to our favorite bulgogi restaurant in Bupyeong for his birthday dinner. We then hit up Bupyeong to continue the celebration. If I deem it appropriate, I may post some videos I took of the festivities Saturday night.
Today I had a few people over to begin our winter vacation planning. Six of us are planning on going to Thailand. Yes, I know Thailand has had some issues as of late with the government and protestors, but I'm hoping that in two months time most of that will be resolved. We have yet to book a flight, but hopefully that will happen tomorrow. Our plan is to stay in Bangkok for a couple days, then spend the rest of our time on a beach somewhere. We're planning on going for ten days. I am really looking forward to the trip and I hope that everything comes together in the next few days and that Thailand gets its act together.
Anna Rickert Minnesota
Anna Rickert Minnesota

4 comments:
Awww... I want anti-math toothpaste too. All I get is bottles of deer horn.
I just laughed at loud - really loud. What do you they mean with "anti-calculus???" Is it supposed to say anti-cavity??? Dude, you could make so much money proofreading English for korean companies. Think about it.
sooo here's a new fact for the day so people don't get the wrong idea that they made an english error on the toothpaste (which i do understand errors are often made on asian products). calculus is actually the proper dental term for tartar. anti-calculus toothpaste is supposed to slow down the calcification of plaque to tartar (calculus). (btw i work in a dental office.)
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment