The unthinkable has happened. My lifeline (my laptop) is experiencing some technical difficulties. I have to order a new battery charger from the U.S. so it may be a week or two before I blog again. For some unknown reason Blogger does not work at my school, so the only way I can blog is if I brave the stale cigarette smoke, pubescent boys, fake palm trees, and blue lights that is the PC Bang right by my apartment. That is where I am right now (yes, on a Friday night, because I know how to party).
The broken computer is quite a traumatic event in my life. It serves many functions in my apartment. I use it to watch DVDs and stream television shows, listen to music and stream the Current from home, skype with my parents and friends, and waste countless hours on the internet. Now the only thing I can do in my apartment is clean or read. Guess which I'm opting for. I'll give you one hint: it's not cleaning. As the good English major that I am, I should be happy about this gift of extra reading time. But my charger has been broken since Monday night and I've already gone through two books. At this rate I will go through my books in about a week. I should consider myself lucky, my poor friend Andrew lived without a computer for two months, so I should be able to manage a week or two. Either way I have newfound respect for him.
Hopefully I will continue to write blogposts and maybe I will post them if I happen to brave the PC Bang or you may just have to wait until my charger arrives from the States. I haven't been the best about blogging lately anyway, so I can't make any promises. The next time you're enjoying your internet from the comfort of your own home, just think of me huddled in my apartment reading book number 98. Consider yourself blessed.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
As one of your most ardent blog fans, I too can only hope for the speedy arrival of your charger. I have notified the secretaries at Mc and I will mail it to you the day it arrives. Computer problems are so frustrating! You may need to visit your local bookstore. Thanks for the update. Love, Mom
Don't worry... I have a ton and a half of books left over from my computer fiasco.
Dang, I could never do that. Happy reading...?
Ahem....it's been a long week or 2 since you've blogged. Blog about your new gym membership, school, your day to day observations. Your fans are lonely! Love, Mom
Post a Comment