Sunday, April 5, 2009

Seoul Fashion Week

 Although I may not look it, due to lack of funds, I enjoy fashion.  A lot.  I am a Project Runway devotee.  I don't think there is a better reality TV character than Tim Gunn.  And Michael Kors and his M.O.B. (mother of the bride) references?  Come on, it doesn't get any better.  So anyway, when I heard that Seoul had a fashion week I knew I had to go.  Really, I was hoping to see some famous Koreans, i.e. the F4 from Boys Before Flowers, and they were there, just not at the same time as me unfortunately.  

Last Saturday some friends and I made the long subway trek to where the fashion week was being held.  We got tickets to a fashion show on Saturday afternoon.  We got the tickets two days before the show, so needless to say, it was not the biggest designer in the world, but it was still great to see an actual fashion show in person.  The clothes were alright, although most did looked frumpy on the models because they did not seem to be tailored properly.  

Here are a few photos from the show, and also a video of the runway.  Check my Flickr account for more pictures I took.  I also stole some pics from my friends who are much better photographers than me.  For some reason I did not think to use the zoom on my camera at the show, so the pictures are not of the best quality. The woman towards the end of the video is the designer.    



On the way to the show in the subway.
On the runway.  

Me, Chrissy and Julie posing.  
Me and Chrissy on the runway after the show.  

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Looks like fun. I'm sad I missed out. Next year maybe???