Thursday, June 18, 2009

Korea vs. Iran

Last night I went to my first real soccer game. I'm kind of hooked. In fact I dare say I enjoy soccer more than football. I wish it was bigger in the U.S. As always sports kind of confuse me, but I guess it was the World Cup qualifying match for Iran. South Korea has already qualified for the World Cup. The game ended with a tie of 1-1. Apparently Iran still has a chance of qualifying.  And because Iran is in the news at the moment, the game even made the news in the U.S. as you can see in this Time article.  Here are a few photos from the game:




The World Cup Stadium in Seoul.

We were attempting to do "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil."
Julie, Chrissy, me


And a normal photo...

My fave girls: Jen, Chrissy, me, and Julie



We weren't that close but still a very exciting game.  



Jen and Adam enjoying the game with the thunder stick things.  



2 comments:

Chase said...

How fun!

I'm not much of a sports buff, but i tend to think Soccer has more action in it than most of the popular US sports.
I wish would catch on back home, too.

what a great trip out, and what a memorable game!

Blean said...

I'm not a Soccer fan either but you have a great post here plus great photos too. Thanks for sharing. Hey, these Hawaii Statehood Apparel might interest some of your Korean friends.