Friday, July 10, 2009

The Chaser

I try to keep you updated, dear readers, on the pop culture scene here in Korea (ok, so I do a poor job, I apologize).  I told you about my obsession with Boys Before Flowers.  I shared with you some of my favorite K-pop songs.  Well, now I'm going to let you in on another secret (ok, it's not really a secret, any well-versed movie buff has probably heard about this already), but there is going to be a Hollywood remake of a pretty well-known Korean movie.  This will be like the next The Departed which was a remake of a Hong Kong movie Infernal Affairs.  The Korean movie is titled The Chaser.  Supposedly Leonardo DiCaprio is in talks to star in the Hollywood remake.  I watched The Chaser a couple weeks ago and it's very good.  It's a far cry from the cutesy Korean dramas and romantic movies that seem so popular here.  I would highly recommend it, especially if you too want to appear one step ahead of the average movie enthusiast.  You can watch the movie with English subtitles here.   


3 comments:

Chase said...

it's got a killer title.

must be good.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm the owner of webpage www.nowseoul.com I have something to tell you so please e-mail me to let me know your email address my mail address is [kwonsoonb@naver.com]

HLee said...

Hey thanks for the link. I liked the movie. It's pretty good. Thanks again!