I started free tae kwon do lessons tonight. We even get a free uniform which is pretty sweet. I didn't really know what to expect except maybe some kicking and punching. It was fairly intense and actually quite a workout. We started off running around the studio for ten minutes while jumping over sticks that one of the instructors held out. We then had to jump over people's legs which proved incredibly difficult for me. I was once again reminded how incredibly unflexible I am. Once we are done with the class in two months we will be yellow belts. I don't really know what that means, but it sounds impressive. Tae kwon do lessons will be every Monday and Wednesday for the next two months. The kicking and yelling combined is very cathartic.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Photo Shoot at School and Tae Kwon Do
Today I had conversation club with about eight of my students, as I do every Monday. Just as we were getting started, two of the teachers came in and said they needed to take pictures of the class. My school will be celebrating its first year anniversary at the end of October and they want pictures of me (the first native English teacher at the school) with the students. So instead of taking pictures of a normal class inside, they felt the need to shuffle us outside to take pictures in front of the school. I was cracking up the entire time because we had to pretend we were talking and gesturing as if we were having a normal conversation. Some of my students were very good at posing. I was not so great (Tyra Banks would not be proud), but here are the pictures. I think they are hilarious:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Punching and yelling? Sounds badass. Now you can protect me in dark alleys.
okay, haha, these pics are hilarious. i'm not even sure what to compare them to. it's like you are their special friend who they are letting join them for awhile.
one of these things is not like the other...
"One of these things is not like the others" is the theme song for my life here in Korea.
I just realized, weeks later, what this reminded me of: Barney. Barney and friends...haha
Post a Comment