Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Top 5 of the Week

Alright, let's keep a good thing going with the lists I've been doing in previous blog posts.  Once again I've been neglecting my blogging duties and for that I apologize.  Here are the top five most interesting things that happened this week in no particular order:
1.  I was felt up by a Korean woman.  Chrissy and I went shopping on Saturday and in order for a Korean saleswoman to illustrate the differences between Chrissy's and my bodies (like anyone needs to point it out because it's insanely obvious) she grabbed my chest.  
2.  After two hours of sitting in a cell phone store in Bupyeoung, revisiting the store because I thought the charger didn't work, then thinking the store screwed us over, I now have a cell phone that makes and receives calls and texts.  
3.  I taught an English class to the Korean teachers for the first time on Friday.  Six women showed up and they may be the cutest people ever.  At the end of class they asked what homework they should do.  I hadn't really planned anything, so they somehow assigned themselves 20 power point slides on places they've traveled for next week.  This may be my favorite class ever.
4.  The weather is beginning to feel more fallish.  I'm excited for this because it is much better than the nearly unbearable, immediate sweat-inducing heat that was prevalent when we first arrived.
5.  I have now been here for over a month.  I'm feeling pretty good about this.   In some respects this year is going to fly by considering a month just went by in a blink of an eye.  I've missed some important things at home already (Tammy's wedding--congratulations!) but it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  I talked to my sis on skype the other day and it was the first time I've talked to anyone from home.  I've realized that not a lot changes at home in a year, so I have to remember that it will still be there when I get back.  


Right now I am suffering from a killer cold.  It seems like most of the native teachers I know have been sick in the last week or so.  I'm hoping it clears up soon (like tomorrow) because this weekend I am heading to Deok Jeok Do, an island off of Incheon.  We have Friday off of school for another Korean holiday (the creation of Korea).  There are about 20 of us going.  We're staying in pensions, five to a room.  In my room will be Chrissy, Jen, Julie, myself, and Ryan.  Poor Ryan has to live with four women all weekend.  I'm looking forward to some grilling, beaching, hiking and chilling.  It will be nice to get away from Incheon because I have not ventured outside of the city yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this. It was very entertaining. But I think those six ladies who voluntarily made power points are not the best class ever. I think me volunteering to hand in my work two months late was much more responsible and sacrificing. So I think those ladies have nothing on Miss Gorman and myself. By the way, I miss you terribly and can not handle the J Pod. I am sad every time I walk past 206.