Anyway, tonight we paid for our tickets to Thailand. Seven of us booked our flight about a month ago, but the travel agency didn't make us pay for our flight at that time because there was so much instability in Thailand at that time. (This was right around the time the airport was taken over by protesters.) We tried to find the cheapest flight possible, and we did alright. We secured a comparable price to what other people we know had booked. Today when someone in our group called the travel agency to set up a time to pay, we were told our flights would be over $200 cheaper. Not too bad. I think Thailand has been losing out on a bit of tourism because of the political unrest, and as much as I hate to see people not getting along, I am not complaining about the price drop in our plane tickets.
Monday, January 5, 2009
I benefit from political unrest in Thailand. (Ok, I feel a little bad about it.)
Wow, look at me blog. I just have so much to catch up on it seems. Don't even get me started on my sister's visit. That will come in a later post. Meanwhile, read her guest blogger post below. It's quite good. I think she has a blogging career in her future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't feel bad about the price drop! Go and enjoy yourself, make sure to take bunches and bunches of pictures!!
Post a Comment