Thursday, January 8, 2009

A very brief recap of Kate's visit.

As I blog, Kate is flying on her way to the U.S.  Her flight took off at 3:00 pm and as far as I know she is on that flight.  Unfortunately I had to work today so she had to get herself to the airport.  Luckily it's quite easy from my place, just a long subway ride.  You can see her thoughts on Korea on the guest blog post she wrote a couple days ago.  

It was great having her here.  Kate and I reunited in Korea is probably the best thing to happen to this country since kimchi.  We did quite a bit despite her being sick for about three days.  We shopped in Insadong, a shopping area in Seoul with a lot of traditional Korean items, went out for Korean barbeque, saw Twilight, did quite a bit of shopping, saw some palaces in Seoul, partied until eight in the morning on New Year's in Seoul (everyone needs to see the sunrise on New Year's at least once--we managed to see it in Bupyeong), saw policemen dressed in riot gear to guard against rioters on New Year's, visited my school (my students loved her--my vice principal told us that many of the boys were asking if she had a boyfriend), ate great Indian food, hung out with my friends, visited a Korean hospital, and shopped some more.  

Here are some pictures I took while she was visiting.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate called me at school this morning from San Francisco. She should be winging her way home to Denver at this time. Thank you eldest daughter for taking care of our youngest daughter. You are truly the hostest with the mostest. I love your pics and you! Mom

~*Miss A*~ said...

Aww I just looked at your pictures, they are aweeeeeeesome! I love them! I'm jealous! LOL