Hello readers! This is Kate, doing a little guest-blogging in Anna's blog. Korea's pretty great thus far. Even though I've been sick, I've really enjoyed my time here. Here is a list of my favorite things about Korea, in no particular order.
a. Cute Overload: Korea is almost too cute to handle. Everything, from food to cell phones to semi-trucks, is decorated with cute little cartoons or faces. A lot of the food, especially meat, is animated, which makes me wonder how Koreans can eat it. Usually when things such as chickens or cows take on human characteristics it makes it harder to eat them. But not for Koreans. They love them some squid and eels.
b. Public Transportation: Korea has a great subway and bus system. I very much enjoy not having to drive. For many, driving is a freedom but for me it has always been just an added stressor. I like that I can get to pretty much anywhere I'd want to go by subway and I don't have to worry about getting lost.
c. Korean Hospitals: Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined myself going to a hospital during my visit here. But that's exactly what happened on Saturday. I just have tonsilitis, so don't worry too much. The people at the hospital were SO nice to us. The woman at the info desk, who didn't speak English, walked us all across the hospital to where we needed to be and helped us check in and everything. So did a lot of other workers. It was great. And once I finally got to see the doctor, I think he gave me a much more comprehensive examination than what I've experienced at home. I even got to see the inside of my throat from a camera, which is just about as gross as it sounds. Overall, I give the hospital a B, because I did have to sit in the waiting room for about 2 hours.
d. Old Things: Anna and I went to Seoul on Friday and visited this old palace. It was really beautiful, but I didn't really understand how it could be considered a palace. I guess you'd need to see the pictures to understand, so I'll let you see those once we get home. Anyways, I think I really like old things, especially looking at them. Under the umbrella of "things" I am not including old people, because here old people often blatantly stare.
So those are just some of my thoughts about Korea so far. Obviously I do like more than 4 things, I am just too lazy to think of some more. I hope those of you in the states are doing well, and I'll see you on Thursday!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The U.S., particularly the Southeast and Texarkana areas (the only two I can speak for) loves to animate their food. Particularly animals displaying cannibal behavior (like a pig holding a fork and knife as the ad for a pork barbeque restaurant.)
For more information, please enjoy:
http://suicidefood.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment