Sunday, September 21, 2008

Disturbing animal stories

Unfortunate animal incidents seemed to haunt me this week.  Allow me to illustrate two of them.  One incident is tragic and the other is creepy.

Last Sunday I went for a walk around my neighborhood.  As I was walking, I saw a puppy tied up on a leash.  It looked like someone had tied it up and then gone into a nearby store quickly.  As I walked closer, I realized that the puppy was dead.  It was still on its leash and it looked like it was trying to escape the heat in the shade.  But it obviously didn't escape the heat.  It was one of the more horrific things I've seen in my life.

A lot of restaurants in Korea have fish tanks at their entrances or sitting outside.  On Thursday as I was walking home from school I passed a restaurant with a fish tank outside.  All of a sudden I heard splashing coming from the fish tank.  I looked over and a giant squid was trying to jump out of the water.  All of a sudden it jumped out of the fish tank and landed on the sidewalk by me.  It then started crawling towards me.  I was going to take a picture of it, but giant squids creep me out, so I ran away instead.  

Anna Rickert MN

No comments: